Marine Rescue Jacobs Well is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Marine Rescue Jacobs Well may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th January 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- details of next of kin and emergency contacts
- details of your personal and work history and general medical health
- details of the vessel or vessels you own
- other details as required to ensure your health & safety and to contact you or your preferred contact in the event of an emergency
What we do with the information we gather
We may require this information to understand your needs and provide you with rescue services or protect your health & safety.
- Internal record keeping.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- We may share your information with a relevant government authority to makes an appropriate lawful request for such data
- We may share your data when issued with a court order or other legal instrument compelling us to do so
- We may share data with our affiliated squadrons
- We may contact you directly in the event of an emergency, an urgent situation, or where we feel it is in your immediate best interests for us to communicate with you for the safety or persons or property
What we will not do with your data
Marine Rescue Jacobs Well does not use personal data to further any marketing or commercial interest. For this reason we will never:
- Sell your data to any commercial interest
- Use your data for the purpose of marketing either our interests or the interests of another organisation
- Sell or give away personal details for any purpose not described herein without firstly obtaining your permission
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Using the contact us form on the contact web page to alert us to any change of details
- Please note that under certain circumstances we must maintain records of your data to comply with law. This can include data about persons who have been rescued and members to whom we have provided training courses
- We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please use the contact us section of our website.